FEEL GOOD REDECORATING!
The ReStore welcomes new or very gently used donations of better-than-average furniture, housewares, home decor, electronics and appliances as well as items from the store's operational wish list.
Reviewing below will help us both work together quickly and easily...
Donated merchandise must be in excellent condition, 100% operable and cleaned. Items that are broken, incomplete of a set, dated, scratched or in need of repair cannot be accepted. Our criteria is stringent because items we cannot sell divert resources from our mission.
Merchandise the ReStore is NOT accepting:
- Appliances or fixtures that require hard-wire installation (example: used built-in microwave or ceiling fan)
- Baby furniture, child safety items
- Building / construction materials of any type
- Carpeting / rugs
- Computers, printers or other office equipment
- Entertainment centers / armoires / hutches
- Exercise equipment, including treadmills, rowers, stationary bikes
- Grandfather clocks
- Laminate-over-particle board furniture
- Leftover merchandise from yard and garage sales
- Mattresses, sleeper sofas, futons (by state law)
- Medical supplies / equipment including crutches, walkers, wheelchairs, etc.
- Outdoor grills
- Office furniture, including desks, cubicles, etc.
- Pianos, organs, musical instruments (see 'other charities' for a local charity that needs these)
- Pool tables
- Sporting equipment, including golf clubs
- Tube televisions; projection televisions
- Tables with no chairs / dining chairs with no table
- Toys, games, puzzles
- Window treatments
Please see contact information of other local, unaffiliated non-profit organizations at the bottom of this page that may be able to accommodate you. There are many, many wonderful charities in the area making a real impact.
* Above is to be used as a guide. Donations are not guaranteed accepted until in-person review or written confirmation. Volunteers cannot guarantee acceptance of donations via phone.
Save time by emailing images of items to ReStoreManager@CoastalHabitat.org or ReStore@CoastalHabitat.org
The volunteer donation intake bay, located at 917 Third Avenue (middle door), Asbury Park, NJ 07712 is open Wednesday to Friday 10 am to 3 pm and Saturday 10 am to noon. Please allow time for a review of your donation.
All donations are approved based on our experience selling to our customer base. Items we cannot sell divert resources from our mission.
Under no circumstances can items be left outside our facility.
For donors located in the greater Asbury Park area (Allenhurst south to Manasquan and east of the Parkway), the ReStore offers complementary pick-up service for oversized items located on the first floor. Pick-up dates are scheduled at least 10 days in advance, Tuesday to Saturday. To discuss your donation for pick-up:
- Call the donation hotline at 732-988-7044
- Email: ReStoreManager@CoastalHabitat.org or ReStore@CoastalHabitat.org
PLEASE NOTE: Scheduling a pick up does not guarantee acceptance of a donation. Our pick-up drivers inspect and accept or decline merchandise based on guidelines set by the ReStore Committee and the store manager. They don't make the rules, they just enforce them.
Coastal Habitat is a 501c3 organization and provides tax receipts for all donations. Whether you drop-off your donation or the ReStore picks it up, you can request a tax receipt. By law, the ReStore does not assign a financial value to your donation. More information regarding donation values can be found on the IRS website.
- Jersey Shore Rescue Mission, 701 Memorial Drive, Asbury Park. 732-807-3506
- Jewish Family and Children Services, 732-774-6886, www.jfcsmonmouth.org
- Project Paul, www.projpaul.org
- Madonna House (children's items), www.themadonnahouseinc.org
- First Baptist Church, 508 Third Avenue, Asbury Park. 732-775-2662
- Humane Society (all types of linens, etc.), 732-922-0100
- Lake House Music Academy (any musical instruments), 732-768-3050
- Freehold ReStore (for pick-ups not located in cities or towns from Allenhurst south to Manasquan), 732-577-8160
- Alternatively, list your items on DiggersList.com, Freecycle.com or in the "free" section of CraigsList.com
ReSTORE DONATION HOTLINE: 732-988-7044